Thursday, February 4, 2010

How do these things work, anyway?



In anticipation of my upcoming semester abroad, I decided that a blog would serve as a successful medium for sharing, organizing, and remembering my experiences. A nice way to keep in touch. However, since I don't officially leave for the land of sun, tango, and steak (pictured above) until February 21st., I'll try my hand at blogging from my homes in Madison and Roseville.
I first saw the phrase "change your shoes, change your life" on a refrigerator magnet in 4th grade at my friend Erin's house. Her mom was really excited about the quote. I didn't get it. I think I get it now, or rather, I have come to interpret it in the context of my life and the world as I understand it. I think it speaks to taking control over our own experiences and creating our own happiness. Anyways, I feel like it does a good job of promoting independence, adventure, and maybe even a little rebelliousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment